- Catch a CAT
- Schedules & maps
- Rider Tools
- Fares & Discounts
- News & Events
- About CAT
- Board of Directors
- Title VI
- CAT Strategic Plan FY 2018 – FY 2022
- Projects and Initiatives
- CAT in the Community
- Plans and Studies
- CAT Careers
- Doing Business
- LET’S GO!
Message from CAT’s new CEO
In June, Chatham Area Transit’s Board hired me to help lead CAT towards a brighter future. As CAT’s new CEO/Executive Director, I consider it a high honor to serve this community, our employees and the CAT Board. I am equally honored to be the first female to serve in this role. It is my intention to work hard, serve unselfishly and collaborate continuously to make CAT one of the best public transit agencies in the nation.
I come to CAT after working most recently as the Director of Policy and Innovation with the New Orleans RTA, a regional transit authority with a fleet of 130 vehicles, a streetcar system, ferry boat operations and an annual budget of $109 million. I have 15 years of diverse experience in public transit, public administration, municipal government, grants administration and business operations.
As I embrace my new role, I would like to pay special homage to the CAT Board for entrusting me with this great responsibility, and applaud Chief Operating Officer Michael J. Brown for the leadership and commitment he displayed during his time as CAT’s interim CEO. Our customers and employees also deserve recognition during this time of transition, especially with the challenges presented during the COVID-19 pandemic. CAT employees have proven themselves to be the backbone of this organization by rising to the occasion on a daily basis during these uncertain times. And our customers’ patience and understanding also is greatly appreciated as we attempt to navigate through this health crisis in a safe and effective manner.
I want you to know that with my arrival, I pledge to work with these values and goals in mind:
- Care: Consistently working to promote the wellbeing, safety and health of our employees and customers
- Agility: Being flexible, dynamic and adaptable in the delivery of solutions to succeed.
- Strategy: Basing decisions on an agency-wide strategic process and long-term plan
- Accessibility: Collaborating and communicating throughout the organization and with the public
- Quality: Demanding the very best in terms of the services and public resources we provide
- Forward thinking: Pursuing and implementing innovation in all areas
- Integrity: Promoting straight-forward and candid discourse to effectively identify and address challenges
- Customer oriented: Insisting upon outstanding customer service and professionalism
This is just a glimpse into my leadership philosophy. Soon, I will share more details about my plans for CAT. I intend to use our services often and look forward to getting input from as many CAT employees and customers as possible in the months ahead. By working together, I am confident we will make the improvements needed to become one of the best public transit agencies in the nation.
Yours in Service,
Bacarra Sanderson Mauldin