- CATCH A CAT
- CAT Services
- Passengers with Disabilities
- Ride Free
- Visiting Savannah
- Bike & Ride
- Safety & Security
- Modified Schedules & Map
- Rider Tools
- Fares & Discounts
- About CAT
- Board of Directors
- CAT Equity In Action
- Title VI
- Joe Murray Rivers, Jr. Intermodal Transit Center
- Plans and Studies
- CAT Careers
- Doing Business
- CAT Administrative Policies
- CAT Careers
- SMART Grant
Serving the Students of Chatham County
Savannah’s growing student population and their families rely on CAT to get to classes, work, activities and other destinations throughout Savannah and Chatham County. That’s why we offer a Half-Fare program for youth (ages 6 – 18) on one-way trips, day passes and monthly passes. ID is required, so apply today!
Many students also use our Bike & Ride program and are showing established Chatham County residents that you don’t need a car to move efficiently and inexpensively around the county!
Read below for more details on how CAT serves and supports Chatham County’s youth.
For our parents and younger students, CAT provides fixed-route service near numerous public and private schools throughout the county. Simply type your school’s address into the Google Trip Planner tool in the banner above (click the green “Plan Your Trip” button) to get your individual route information.
Savannah-Chatham County Public School System (SCCPSS) families can click on the SCCPSS logo for a list of each school and the routes that serve them.
Plans for additional student initiatives are also in the works, so check back here or email us about what you’d like to see.
For colleges and universities, CAT offers the U-Pass Program and a Semester Pass Program. Universal Pass, or U-Pass, allows all students of a participating institution to ride CAT buses anywhere at any time. Interested in learning more? Contact our Marketing & Business Development department via email.
Fixed routes already serving college campuses include:
- The 11 Candler, 12 Henry and 31 Skidaway/Sandfly to Savannah State University.
- The 6 Cross Town and 14 Abercorn serve Georgia Southern University Armstrong Campus.
- The 4 Barnard and 14 Abercorn serves Savannah Technical College.
- The 27 Waters, 28 Waters, and 31 Skidaway/Sandfly serves South University.
- Savannah College of Art and Design’s campus is spread throughout Savannah and is served by the 14 Abercorn as well as many other routes.
For additional route information, please visit our Maps & Schedules section.