- Catch a CAT
- CAT Services
- Passengers with Disabilities
- Ride Free
- Visiting Savannah
- Bike & Ride
- Safety & Security
- Modified Schedules & Map
- Rider Tools
- Fares & Discounts
- About CAT
- Board of Directors
- CAT Equity In Action
- Title VI
- Joe Murray Rivers, Jr. Intermodal Transit Center
- Plans and Studies
- CAT Careers
- Doing Business
- CAT Administrative Policies
- CAT Careers
- Chatham Connects
In order to provide our community with affordable mobility options, CAT offers a Half-Fare Program to eligible individuals with disabilities, young people 6-18 years-old, seniors 65 years and older and honorably discharged veterans. Half-fare can apply to one-way trips, day passes, and monthly passes. To be eligible for half-fare, an individual must satisfy one of the following conditions when first boarding the bus:
- Present a Medicare Health Insurance Card issued pursuant to Sections II and XVIII of the Social Security Act.
- Present a valid state-issued ID with a photo showing qualifying age.
- Present veteran ID card, discharge documents or a driver’s license with a veteran designation. Proof of membership in a veterans’ organization such as the VFW, American Legion and AMVETS also will be accepted.
- Interested individuals may print the application here or a Spanish version here, call (912) 233-5767 to obtain an eligibility form for the half-fare program, or visit the Joe Murray Rivers, Jr. Intermodal Transit Center at 610 W. Oglethorpe Avenue to get an application in person.
- An individual who is using a wheelchair may ride for half-fare without presenting an ID card.
How To Apply
Interested individuals may print the application, call (912) 233-5767 to obtain an eligibility form for the half-fare program, or visit the Joe Murray Rivers, Jr. Intermodal Transit Center at 610 W. Oglethorpe Avenue to get an application in person.
CAT half-fare applications are available for download here in Portable Document Format (PDF). PDF documents require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have Acrobat Reader installed on your system, you may download the program to your computer at no charge here.
1. Please print out and complete the application as directed in the instructions; certain sections may be skipped depending on the type of eligibility.
2. Return the completed application in person to the Joe Murray Rivers, Jr. Intermodal Transit Center at 610 W. Oglethorpe Avenue.
Photos can be taken Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
There is a $3 non-refundable processing fee.
Please note, there is a $5 replacement fee for lost or damaged ID cards.
Notes on CAT Half-Fare Designation:
CAT has a half-fare program for seniors ages 65 years and older and people with disabilities. The program’s eligibility criteria is based on the Federal Transit Administration’s (FTA) definitions and codes.
CAT also offers a half-fare program for eligible youth, ages 6-18 and veterans.
A Medicare card issued to the individual pursuant to Title II or Title XVIII of the Social Security Act may be used to ride CAT fixed-route service for half-fare at any time. Simply show your Medicare card to the operator when boarding the bus.
If you do not have a Medicare card, please fill out the application for senior eligibility.