- Catch a CAT
- CAT Services
- Passengers with Disabilities
- Ride Free
- Visiting Savannah
- Bike & Ride
- Safety & Security
- Modified Schedules & Map
- Rider Tools
- Fares & Discounts
- About CAT
- Board of Directors
- CAT Equity In Action
- Title VI
- Joe Murray Rivers, Jr. Intermodal Transit Center
- Plans and Studies
- CAT Careers
- Doing Business
- CAT Administrative Policies
- CAT Careers
- 2023 St. Patrick’s Day
Fares & Discounts
Whether on foot or by bike, on land or on water, CAT is proud to offer the most affordable and sustainable options for getting around Chatham County. The information below explains our fixed-route bus fares. Please see the Paratransit page for paratransit fares and information.
Thanks to a partnership with the city of Savannah, CAT provides the free downtown dot shuttle and free Savannah Belles Ferry. Learn more about these services on our Ride Free Downtown page.
Fixed-Route Bus Fares and Passes
Tickets and passes marked with an “H” are eligible for our Half-Fare Program rates.
|One-way local route fare||$ 1.50||H|
|Transfers (see details below)||FREE|
Unlimited trips for the day of activation.
|Weekly Pass *|
Unlimited trips for 7 consecutive days upon activation. Reload as needed, 0.50 discount applied
|Monthly Pass *|
Unlimited trips for 31 consecutive days upon activation. Reload as needed, 0.50 discount applied
|Ten (10) Ride Card *|
Ten trips valid any time. Reload as needed, 0.50 discount applied
|Stored Value Cards *|
Choose an amount to load and tap the card to ride. Reload as needed. No discount applied
Providing a 0.50 discount to our frequent customers and saving time while boarding, the CAT SmartCard replaces all those troublesome paper tickets. Load it with any of the pass amounts marked with an asterisk (*) above, and receive a discount when recharging it. Simply tap your valid SmartCard on the farebox when boarding, and then make yourself comfortable. You’ll wonder how you ever did without it! Reminder: The Stored Value Cards are not eligible for a discount.
Passes are available for purchase via cash, check, debit and credit card at the Joe Murray Rivers, Jr. Intermodal Transit Center at 610 W. Oglethorpe Avenue, from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday-Friday (check payments accepted with valid ID), at CAT’s new online order page at pass.catchacat.org, where passes will be delivered right to your doorstep, or the Token Transit Mobile Ticketing App which is available in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
If you’re a business and would like to purchase passes in bulk, save time and submit your order in advance online.
More details and answers to frequently asked questions are on our FAQ page.
Save More: CAT Passes
Public transportation is not only better for your health and the environment, it helps keep more money in your pocket. Look at the chart below to see how you can save even more by using CAT passes.
- Transfers are valid for 90 minutes one-way on any local route. Passengers must request a transfer before depositing fares. Transfers are not valid for return trips on the same route they were issued.
- When paying with cash on the bus, please note that you must pay EXACT FARE ONLY. If the amount deposited in the farebox is more than the required fare, there is no way for change to be issued. For security reasons, operators do not carry money for change.
- Day passes can also be purchased on the buses. Upon boarding the bus and before depositing $3, passengers must inform the bus operator that they would like to purchase a day pass.
- Bent, folded or wet paper passes can get stuck in the farebox and may not be readable. Please keep them flat and dry. Better yet, put your pass amount on a SmartCard.
- Passes that are lost, stolen, or damaged are NOT replaceable, exchangeable or eligible for cash refunds.
- A ride cannot exceed one roundtrip per bus and should rightfully terminate one-way at the end of the line.
- Young children under 41-inches tall (height of most fareboxes) ride free. Only two young children per accompanying passenger may ride free.
- Learn how to Catch a CAT here.
Veteran/Youth/Senior/Disabled passengers must show CAT ID card or present an accepted form of proof of qualification such as a Medicare Health Insurance Card issued pursuant to Sections II and XVIII of the Social Security Act when boarding.
Learn more about our Half-Fare program, including how to apply, today.