- Catch a CAT
- Maps & Schedules
- Rider Tools
- Fares & Discounts
- News & Events
- About CAT
- Board of Directors
- Title VI
- CAT Strategic Plan FY 2018 – FY 2022
- Projects and Initiatives
- CAT in the Community
- Plans and Studies
- CAT Careers
- Doing Business
- LET’S GO!
CAT holding Poetry in Motion contest for students
Posted on February 5, 2020
Savannah, GA – There are a lot of talented young people in Chatham County. To promote that local creativity, Chatham Area Transit is holding a Poetry in Motion contest in conjunction with National Poetry Month in April.
The inaugural Poetry in Motion contest is open to all of Chatham’s public and private middle school and high school students, who are strongly encouraged to share their work.
For those students who wish to participate, submissions must be received by March 13.
In April, the first-place winners will have their poems displayed inside CAT’s buses as interior signs.
The contest is in line with CAT’s continued outreach to the area’s youth, with programs such as a half-fare discount for young people ages six to 18, said interim Executive Director/CEO Michael J. Brown.
“We are hoping to attract more young people to our services, which provide a great way for them to get around town at a very affordable price,” Brown said. “This contest will allow us to display some of the creative works of this generation in our community on our buses. I hope we will have a number of students participating.”
Details for entry:
- The poem must be in English.
- The poem must be a minimum of 25 words and a maximum of 200 words. Any submissions under or over that range will be disqualified.
- There is no limit on the number of poems that can be submitted, as long as the submissions meet the contest guidelines.
- The poem must be original and created by the student.
- Poems can be submitted online at catchacat.org/poetry-in-motion
Want weekly CAT eNews updates emailed directly to your mailbox? To subscribe, go to www.catchacat.org/media/enews/. And remember, CAT passes can now be purchased online at https://pass.catchacat.org/.