- Catch a CAT
- Maps & Schedules
- Rider Tools
- Fares & Discounts
- News & Events
- About CAT
- Board of Directors
- Title VI
- CAT Strategic Plan FY 2018 – FY 2022
- CAT in the Community
- Projects and Initiatives
- Plans and Studies
- CAT Careers
- Doing Business
- LET’S GO!
CAT frequently hires local and national businesses to work on projects that improve our fleet and increase services for our ridership. Projects include everything from building renovation and construction to vehicle maintenance, from operations management to marketing initiatives.
The Procurement Staff at CAT serves as the connection between various CAT departments and companies wishing to bid on projects and provide their goods or services.
Here is a general overview of the procurement process:
- CAT department heads determine a need for goods or services and submit their requirements to the procurement staff.
- The procurement staff seeks approvals from the CAT Board.
- CAT posts a notice on this website to solicit bids from interested companies. We may also directly contact registered vendors whom we think may be qualified.
- Companies prepare and submit their bids and project proposals.
- An appointed evaluation committee evaluates all bids.
- The evaluation committee makes a recommendation as to which company should be awarded the project and sends the recommendation to the Executive Director and the CAT Board for approval.
- CAT sends a purchase order to the winning company, and work begins.