Bike & Ride
CAT wants to help our riders get around Savannah as easily as possible, so we’ve equipped most of our standard buses with bike racks. Feel free to take your bike along for the ride.
Use this service when you take a CAT bus around downtown Savannah, any surrounding area, or one of our beautiful college campuses. You’ll be glad to be able to get around big areas easily without having to walk long distances. CAT customers also use Bike & Ride when their closest bus stop is a distance away or when the closest bus route doesn’t match up with their travel times but a farther bus route does.
General information about CAT’s Bike & Ride service:
- Your fare covers it. It doesn’t cost anything extra.
- No special passes or training are required.
- Bike racks can hold up to two conventional, two-wheeled bicycles. Space on bike racks is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- You (not the bus driver) are responsible for dealing with your bike and the bike rack during your trip.
- Streetcars, Shuttles, and the Ferry do not have bike racks, but folding bicycles are welcome on board.
How to use Bike & Ride
- Wait at any bus stop with your bike. Please remove any loose items from your bike before the bus arrives.
- When the bus pulls up, go to the front of the bus where the bike rack is.
- Unfold the bike rack which folds out forward, away from the bus.
- Lift up your bike and place it, front wheel first, into the wheel slot. When both slots are empty, use the slot closest to the bus first.
- The rack has a support arm in front of each wheel slot. Pull out the one in front of your bike and bring it over the front tire. Make sure everything is secure, but do not lock your bike to the rack.
- Get on the bus and enjoy the ride. Keep an eye out for other riders using the bike rack as you may need to get out and move your bike so they can access their bikes.
- When you’re ready to get off, tell the driver to give you a moment to get your bike. Exit the bus at the rear like normal.
- Unhook the support arm, fold it down, and remove your bike. If there are no other bikes on the rack, please fold it up and secure it to the front of the bus.
- For safety, return to the curb with your bike and wait for the bus to pull out before crossing the street.