- Catch CAT
- Maps & Schedules
- Rider Tools
- Fares & Discounts
- News & Events
- About CAT
- Board of Directors
- Title VI
- CAT Strategic Plan FY 2018 – FY 2022
- CAT in the Community
- Projects and Initiatives
- Plans and Studies
- CAT Careers
- Doing Business
- LET’S GO!
Bike & Ride
CAT wants to make it easy for people to get around Savannah, so we’ve equipped all of our standard buses with bike racks. Ride a bus and ride a bike–you no longer have to choose just one.
When you take a CAT bus around downtown Savannah, any surrounding area, or one of our beautiful college campuses, you’ll be glad to be able to get around big areas easily without having to walk long distances. CAT customers also bike and ride when their closest bus stop is too far to walk or to get to farther away stops that better match their travel times.
General information about Catching a CAT with a Bike:
- No additional cost beyond bus fares
- No special passes or training required
- Bike racks can hold up to two conventional bicycles
- Bike racks available on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Passengers (not bus drivers) are responsible for loading bikes
How to use the bike rack
- Wait at any bus stop with your bike. Please remove any loose items from your bike before the bus arrives.
- When the bus pulls up, indicate to the operator that you want to load your bike then go to the front of the bus where the bike rack is.
- Unfold the bike rack which folds out forward, away from the bus.
- Lift up your bike and place it, front wheel first, into the wheel slot. When both slots are empty, use the slot closest to the bus first.
- The rack has a support arm in front of each wheel slot. Pull out the one in front of your bike and bring it over the front tire. Make sure everything is secure, but do not lock your bike to the rack.
- Get on the bus and enjoy the ride. Keep an eye out for other riders using the bike rack as you may need to get out and move your bike so they can access their bikes.
- When you’re ready to get off, tell the driver you need a moment to get your bike. Exit the bus at the rear like usual.
- Unhook the support arm, fold it down, and remove your bike. If there are no other bikes on the rack, please fold it up and secure it to the front of the bus.
- For your safety, return to the curb with your bike and wait for the bus to pull out before crossing the street.
Savannah is a great place to ride a bike for transportation or recreation, or both!
Check out Bike Walk Savannah‘s BikeSav Guide and Map for Savannah and Chatham County by clicking on the logo below!