- Catch CAT
- How to Ride CAT
- Ride FREE
- Visiting Savannah
- Bike & Ride
- Passengers with Disabilities
- Safety & Security
- Maps & Schedules
- Rider Tools
- Fares & Discounts
- News & Events
- About CAT
- Board of Directors
- Environmental Commitment
- Title VI
- CAT in the Community
- Projects and Initiatives
- Plans and Studies
- CAT Careers
- Doing Business
In order to provide our community with the most affordable mobility options, CAT offers a Half-Fare Program to eligible individuals with disabilities, persons 6-18 years old (Youth), and persons 65 years and older (Seniors). Half-Fare can apply to one-way trips, Day Passes, and Monthly Passes. To be eligible for half-fare, an individual must satisfy ONE of the following conditions when first boarding the bus:
- Present a Medicare Health Insurance Card issued pursuant to Sections II and XVIII of the Social Security Act.
- Interested individuals may print the application here, call (912) 233-5767 to obtain an eligibility form for the half-fare program, or visit the Joe Murray Rivers, Jr. Intermodal Transit Center at 610 W. Oglethorpe Avenue to get an application in person.
- Present a valid state-issued ID with photo showing qualifying age.
- An individual who is using a wheelchair may ride for half-fare without presenting an ID card.
How To Apply
Interested individuals may print the application, call (912) 233-5767 to obtain an eligibility form for the half-fare program, or visit the Joe Murray Rivers, Jr. Intermodal Transit Center at 610 W. Oglethorpe Avenue to get an application in person.
CAT half-fare applications are available for download here in Portable Document Format (PDF). PDF documents require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have Acrobat Reader installed on your system, you may download the program to your computer at no charge here.
1. Please print out and complete the application as directed in the instructions; certain sections may be skipped depending on the type of eligibility.
2. Return the completed application in person to the Joe Murray Rivers, Jr. Intermodal Transit Center at 610 W. Oglethorpe Avenue.
Photos can be taken Monday-Thursday, 9:00 AM-1:00 PM and 2:00-4:00 PM.
There is a $3.00 non-refundable processing fee.
Please note, there is a $5.00 replacement fee for lost or damaged ID cards.
Notes on CAT Half-Fare Designation:
CAT has a half-fare program for eligible senior citizens (age 65+) and persons with disabilities and has developed eligibility criteria for this program based on the Federal Transit Administration’s (FTA) definitions and codes.
CAT has also opted to offer a half-fare program for eligible youth (ages 6-18) and has developed eligibility criteria for this program based on the Federal Transit Administration’s (FTA) category for Seniors.
A Medicare card issued to the individual pursuant to Title II or Title XVIII of the Social Security Act may be used to ride CAT fixed-route service for half-fare at any time. Simply show your Medicare card to the operator when boarding the bus.
If you do not have a Medicare card, please fill out the application for Senior eligibility.