- Catching CAT
- Maps & Schedules
- Rider Tools
- Fares & Passes
- About CAT
- Mission Statement
- Board of Directors
- Environmental Commitment
- Title VI
- Projects and Initiatives
- Community Outreach
- Upcoming Events
- CAT Careers
Fares & Passes
Whether on foot or by bike, on land or on water, CAT is proud to offer the most affordable and sustainable options for getting around Chatham County. The information below explains our fixed route bus fares. Please see the Paratransit page for paratransit fares and information, visit the Bike & Ride page for details on our bike sharing program, and ask about our Summer Youth Pass for details on saving even more time and money over the summer.
Thanks to a partnership with the dot, CAT provides the following downtown services for FREE: the Dot Shuttle, River Street Streetcar, and the Savannah Belles Ferry. We also offer the free Liberty St. Shuttle thanks to a partnership with the City of Savannah. Learn more about all of these free services on our Ride Free Downtown page.
Fixed Route Bus Fares and Passes
|One-way local route fare||$1.50|
|Airport Express (Route 100X) one-way fare|
Weekly & Monthly Passes accepted
|Airport Express (Route 100X) roundtrip fare||$8.00|
|Commuter Express (Route 114X) one-way fare||$2.00|
|Reduced senior fare|
Customers 65 years and older with valid ID (see below)
|Reduced disability fare|
Eligible customers with valid ID (see below)
Unlimited trips for the day of activation
|Ten (10) Ride Card *|
Ten trips valid any time
|Twenty (20) Ride Reduced Fare Card *|
Twenty trips valid any time for eligible customers (see below)
|Seven (7) Day Pass *|
Unlimited trips for 7 consecutive days upon activation
|Monthly Pass *|
Unlimited trips for 31 consecutive days upon activation
Providing a discount to our frequent customers and saving time while boarding, the CAT SmartCard is here to replace all those troublesome paper tickets. Load it with any of the pass amounts marked with an asterisk (*) above, and receive a discount when recharging it. Simply tap your valid SmartCard on the farebox when boarding, and then make yourself comfortable. You’ll wonder how you ever did without it!
Passes are available for purchase via cash, check, debit and credit card at the Joe Murray Rivers, Jr. Intermodal Transit Center, 610 W. Oglethorpe Avenue, Monday-Friday from 7:00 AM-8:00 PM.
Check payments accepted with valid ID.
Bulk orders can be submitted online.
Additional places to buy are listed on our Sales Locations page.
- Transfers are valid for 1½ hours (90 minutes) on any local route. Passengers must request a transfer before depositing fares.
- When paying with cash on the bus, if the amount deposited in the farebox is more than the required fare, a change card is issued for the remaining amount. Operators do not make change.
- Day passes can also be purchased on the buses. Upon boarding the bus, and before depositing $3.00, passengers must inform the bus operator that they would like to purchase a day pass.
- Bent, folded or wet paper passes/change cards can get stuck in the farebox and may not be readable. Please keep them flat and dry. Better yet, put your pass amount on a SmartCard.
- Passes or change cards that are lost, stolen, or damaged are NOT replaceable, exchangeable or eligible for cash refunds.
- A ride cannot exceed one round-trip per bus.
- Young children under 41″ tall (height of most fareboxes) ride free. Only two young children per accompanying passenger may ride free.
- Learn how to Catch a CAT here.
Seniors/Disabled passengers must show CAT ID card or present a Medicare Health Insurance Card issued pursuant to Sections II and XVIII of the Social Security Act when boarding.
Learn more about our Half-Fare program, including how to apply, today.