- Catch CAT
- Maps & Schedules
- Rider Tools
- Fares & Discounts
- News & Events
- About CAT
- Board of Directors
- Environmental Commitment
- Title VI
- Community Outreach
- Projects and Initiatives
- Small Business and DBE
- CAT Careers
Fares & Discounts
Whether on foot or by bike, on land or on water, CAT is proud to offer the most affordable and sustainable options for getting around Chatham County. The information below explains our fixed route bus fares. Please see the Paratransit page for paratransit fares and information, visit the Bike & Ride page for details on our bike sharing program, and ask about our Summer Youth Pass for details on saving even more time and money over the summer.
Interested in becoming an Authorized Retailer? Contact us for more information today!
Effective October 26, 2015
Thanks to a partnership with the dot, CAT provides the following downtown services for FREE: the Dot Shuttle, River Street Streetcar, and the Savannah Belles Ferry. We also offer the free Liberty St. Shuttle thanks to a partnership with the City of Savannah. Learn more about all of these free services on our Ride Free Downtown page.
Fixed Route Bus Fares and Passes
Tickets and passes marked with an “H” are eligible for our Half-Fare Program rates.
|One-way local route fare||$ 1.50||H|
|Transfers (see details below)||FREE|
Unlimited trips for the day of activation. Valid on local and commuter routes only.
|Weekly Pass *|
Unlimited trips for 7 consecutive days upon activation
|Monthly Pass *|
Unlimited trips for 31 consecutive days upon activation
|Ten (10) Ride Card *|
Ten trips valid any time
|Stored Value Cards *|
Choose an amount to load and tap the card to ride. Reload as needed.
|Airport Express (Route 100X) one-way fare |
Weekly & Monthly Passes accepted
|Airport Express (Route 100X) roundtrip fare|
Weekly & Monthly Passes accepted
Providing a discount to our frequent customers and saving time while boarding, the CAT SmartCard replaces all those troublesome paper tickets. Load it with any of the pass amounts marked with an asterisk (*) above, and receive a discount when recharging it. Simply tap your valid SmartCard on the farebox when boarding, and then make yourself comfortable. You’ll wonder how you ever did without it!
Passes are available for purchase via cash, check, debit and credit card at the Joe Murray Rivers, Jr. Intermodal Transit Center, 610 W. Oglethorpe Avenue, Monday-Friday from 7:00 AM-8:00 PM.
Check payments accepted with valid ID.
Bulk orders can be submitted online to save time.
Additional places to buy are listed on our Sales Locations page.
More details and answers to frequently asked questions are on our FAQ page.
- Transfers are valid for 1½ hours (90 minutes) one-way on any local route. Passengers must request a transfer before depositing fares. Transfers are not valid for return trips on the same route they were issued.
- When paying with cash on the bus, please note that you must pay EXACT FARE ONLY. If the amount deposited in the farebox is more than the required fare, there is no way for change to be issued. For security reasons, operators do not carry money for change.
- Day passes can also be purchased on the buses. Upon boarding the bus, and before depositing $3.00, passengers must inform the bus operator that they would like to purchase a day pass.
- Bent, folded or wet paper passes/change cards can get stuck in the farebox and may not be readable. Please keep them flat and dry. Better yet, put your pass amount on a SmartCard.
- Passes or change cards that are lost, stolen, or damaged are NOT replaceable, exchangeable or eligible for cash refunds.
- A ride cannot exceed one roundtrip per bus and should rightfully terminate one-way at the end of the line.
- Young children under 41″ tall (height of most fareboxes) ride free. Only two young children per accompanying passenger may ride free.
- Learn how to Catch a CAT here.
Youths/Seniors/Disabled passengers must show CAT ID card or present a Medicare Health Insurance Card issued pursuant to Sections II and XVIII of the Social Security Act when boarding.
Learn more about our Half-Fare program, including how to apply, today.