- Catch CAT
- Maps & Schedules
- Rider Tools
- Fares & Discounts
- News & Events
- About CAT
- Board of Directors
- Environmental Commitment
- Title VI
- Community Outreach
- Projects and Initiatives
- Small Business and DBE
- CAT Careers
Small Business and DBE
When choosing vendors and suppliers to work with us, CAT strives to establish a level playing field for the various businesses that compete for the taxpayer dollars we spend. Your business might qualify for this program. We list project advertisements in our Procurement section, and the cover sheet of each advertisement will say if that particular projects falls under the DBE Program.
Click on the clipboard or the green link above to read the Public Notice.
Chatham Area Transit Authority Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Policy Statement
Chatham Area Transit Authority has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26. CAT has received federal financial assistance from the Department of Transportation and, as a condition of receiving this assistance, has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of CAT to ensure that DBEs, as defined in Part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT/FTA-assisted contracts. It is also our policy:
- To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT/FTA assisted contracts;
- To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT/FTA assisted contracts;
- To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
- To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
- To help remove barriers in the participation of DBEs in DOT/FTA assisted contracts;
- To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program; and
- To ensure nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin or sex in the award and administration of DOT/FTA-assisted contracts and subcontracts.
Chatham Area Transit has a designated DBE Liaison Officer (DBELO). In that capacity, this individual is responsible for implementing all aspects of the DBE program. Implementation of the DBE program is accorded the same priority as compliance with all other legal obligations incurred by Chatham Area Transit Authority in its financial assistance agreements with the Federal Transit Administration.
900 East Gwinnett St., Savannah, GA 31401
Phone: (912) 629-3912
Chatham Area Transit Authority has disseminated this policy statement to the Chatham Area Transit Authority Board of Directors and all of the department directors of our organization. This policy statement will be sent to DBE communities, agencies and minority development groups that perform work for us on DOT/FTA assisted contracts.